Backup Generators: The Best And Reliable Solution For Your Home’s Electrical Power Failure Problems
What You Need To Know About Installing a Standby Home Backup Generator
Power failures either at home, office or in business organizations can cause extreme inconveniences and dangerous risks to the smooth running of significant activities, especially when one is not prepared. The best solution to ensure automatic power continuation in an event of main power failure is to install a whole house generator. The process of backup generator installation requires technical know-how, experience, knowledge and skills regarding electricity and electronics. For this reason, the process is not a DIY (do it yourself) but requires services of a professional electrician. Home backup generators are essential and beneficial in ensuring your home routine activities are effectively functional, and the home is habitable and comfortable. In the office or for a business organization, power failure may result in loss of critical data and information leading to major inconveniences and overall failure. Installing a standby backup generator ensures security and effective activity operations. To ensure successful power backup and quality service you should look for a professional electrician for correct and reliable backup generator installation and maintenance services. You should also consult with a local authorized dealer for information on all generators for sale.
The Process of Backup Generator Installation
There are various mandatory activities that electricians perform during the standby backup Generac generator or Honeywell generator installation. They include;
- Transfer Switch Installation – Before the actual installation of the generator, electricians or professional installers set up the transfer switch and all the connections to prepare for the generator installation. A transfer switch refers to the electrical device that is connected and installed next to your home’s solar panel. The purpose of the transfer switch is to connect all the electrical circuits that require power during an electricity outage. For this reason, installing a transfer switch enables you to power the circuits by connecting them to the generator without the need of having many running connections to each circuit and the generator.
- Generator Preparation – The second activity involved in backup generator installation process is digging a concrete base or a level stone for the generator. The size of the base or the level stone usually depends on the generator mobility, size, and type. After base preparation, the generator is professionally set there ready for connection.
- Connecting the generator to a gas source – With correct measurements, a trench is dug to a higher pressure gas meter or any other suitable source.
- Electric connections – The electricians now do the electrical connections from the generator to the gas meter or the source. Using a new tracing wire and gas line they connect the generator to the gas meter containing the gas line, and then connect the gas line to the meter or source.
- Electric cables – The electrical cables are pulled from the generator into the house alongside professional electrical and gas connections to the generator.
Backup Generator System Maintenance
After the process is over, then you end up with a long-lasting solution to any electrical power failure. However, maintenance of the generator system and connections from professional electricians is always recommended to ensure reliable and effective functioning.
Automatic Standby Home Generators
Most of the backup generator systems require a manual activity to switch on the backup generator power and functioning. However, with increased developments in electrical engineering and computing technology, automatic home backup generator systems have increased reliability, consistency and efficiency of standby backup generators. The installation process of the automatic backup generator is similar to the older version with differences in the electrical connections and addition of an automatic process. The process ensures automatic switchover from the electrical system to the backup generator system. The computerized technological function ensures more reliability by ensuring no power cut out or failure at any instance in your home. Additionally, there is effective functionality of all significant home activities that depend on the power.
Choosing the Best Backup Generator
Apart from choosing the right professional electrician, for effective backup generator installation and system a suitable and powerful generator type is mandatory. There are two essential factors to consider when looking for the best standby backup generator. These include;
- Strength – The strength of a backup generator depends on the power amount requirement. However, the best generator should have the same strength as the electrical system in terms of current or power generation and supply. It is recommended to seek guidance from a professional electrician regarding the suitable strength to ensure complete supply for the entire home.
- Endurance – The factor of how long can the generator and the entire system constantly generates and supplies maximum power requirement is an essential for a good backup generator. Electrical power failure can last for a long period and, therefore, you need a generator with maximum endurance for longer periods of time.
Protection against electrical power failure inconveniences is an important investment for a comfortable and habitable home. Installing an automatic standby backup generator by a professional electrician is the best and reliable power protection solution for a home, an organization or any power-dependent entity. Whole house generators offer a seamless solution vs. Generac portable generators. This is because a whole house generator will automatically turn on during a power outage, within a matter of seconds.